FAQS

WHERE WILL WE BE RIDING?

We have access to a vast riding area with multiple trailheads to choose from which will based on the trail conditions, weather conditions, and riding level of the participants. We will determine the meeting location up to 12 hours in advance of your reservation. Please make sure your vehicle is equipped with 4-wheel drive and snow tires to navigate snow packed roads. 

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN OUR RIDING CLINICS?

You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in our riding clinics. All guests will be required to sign a legal waiver onsite at our office prior to participating in the clinic.

The high elevation and very demanding physical nature of snowmobiling requires you to be in good general physical shape and we ask that all participants be physically able to participate in our clinics. We will be traveling to an altitude of 12,000 ft above sea level and the air is very thin. If you have a heart condition or other health issues that may be affected by our elevation, this is not the place to come and ride. 

We recommend staying hydrated prior to and during the riding clinic so you feel your best!

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?

We require all guests to bring the following items to participate in our clinics:

  • Snowmobile- Year 2018 or newer and in good mechanical condition) with at least 146” track length or longer. WE DO NOT OFFER SNOWMOBILES, YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN.

  • Backpack to carry all gear- doesn’t need to be airbag but highly recommended. All safety gear lives on your back, not your tunnel bag.

  • Fitted helmet, 2 pairs of goggles, 2 pairs of gloves

  • Good outerwear and warm layers for cold climate riding and extra gear like packable down jacket

  • Three antenna avalanche beacon with battery life above 70% 

  • Probe

  • Avalanche shovel

  • FRS walki talki radio with full battery life

  • Plenty of food and water to stay hydrated and energized all day

DO YOU OFFER LODGING AND MEALS?

At this time we do not offer lodging or meals to our guests. Participants are responsible to booking their own lodging and providing their own meals. There are several types of lodging in Grand County including the nearby towns of Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, Granby and Grand Lake. Each area has several restaurants as well as a grocery store for your food needs. 

Please feel free to contact us for recommendations!

WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?

Our cancellation policy is as follows:

A 20% fee will be charged for any cancellations made within 5 days of the reservation and the remaining 80% shall be refunded towards the original form of payment, OR 100% of the original payment shall be credited towards a future reservation that must be within the same riding season. The credit will be fully forfeited if it is not used by the end of the riding season.

WE REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 2 PARTICIPANTS IN GROUP RIDING CLINICS. IF THE MINIMUM IS NOT MET, THE RIDING CLINIC WILL BE CANCELLED AND A FULL REFUND WILL BE GIVEN. 

WHAT IS THE NEAREST AIRPORT?

Mercier’s Mountain Riding School is located 98 miles from Denver International Airport, and approx. a 2 hr drive. We suggest staying in a local lodging option the night prior to your reservation to make sure you arrive on time.

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Mercier’s Mountain Riding School is located in Grand County, CO, with several small towns in the area including Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, Granby, and Grand Lake.

From Denver International Airport: Take I-70 heading west for 52 miles. Take exit 232 toward U.S. 40 E/Empire/Granby. Continue on US-40 for approx. 25 miles.

From Kremmling: Head east on U.S. 40 for approx 30 miles.

 

A5589144-C36D-4645-917C-B03DB715E4E5_edited.jpg