Level 1 Avalanche Course, 2 days
January 30-31 2 day course
- Starts Jan 30, 2024Starts Jan 30, 2024
- 650 US dollars$650
- Meet at Trailhead
There’s no better way to up your game in the backcountry by taking a motorized Level 1 Avalanche class, taught by Mike Duffy of Avalanche 1. Learn how to use your avalanche gear correctly and efficiently, work through rescue scenarios, study the snow science and so much more! This is a must for anyone traveling into the backcountry and riding avalanche prone terrain, and will help keep you riding another day! Classroom portion will be conducted virtually on the Backcountry Ascender platform, is self-paced, and will be completed prior to the on-snow class. The on-snow class is two days in length. Max group size is 12. Mininum group size 9. American Avalanche Association (A3) Certified Class. Please note, all participants must be 18 years of age or older and be in general good physical shape as this class is challenging, especially at our high elevation. Participants will snowmobile up to 12,000 feet above sea level, and if you have a heart or other health condition that will be affected by the thin air, we do not recommend this activity. You must provide your own gear, including: Snowmobile- Year 2018 or newer and in good mechanical condition) with at least 146” track length or longer. RENTAL SLEDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN. Backpack to carry all gear- doesn’t need to be airbag but highly recommended. All safety gear lives on your back, not your tunnel bag. Fitted helmet, 2 pairs of goggles, 2 pairs of gloves Good outerwear and warm layers for cold climate riding and extra gear like packable down jacket Three antenna avalanche beacon with battery life above 70% Probe Avalanche shovel FRS walki talki radio with full battery life Plenty of food and water to stay hydrated and energized all day All participants will be required to sign a waiver prior to participating in the Avalanche Course. We will be riding in several areas with multiple trailheads to choose from based on the trail conditions, weather conditions, and riding level of the participants. We will meet at the parking area each day at location determined the night before. Please make sure your vehicle is equipped with 4-wheel drive and snow tires to navigate snow packed roads.
Our cancellation policy is as follows: A 20% fee will be charged for any cancellations made within 5 days of the reservation and the remaining 80% shall be refunded towards the original form of payment, OR 100% of the original payment shall be credited towards a future reservation that must be within the same riding season. The credit will be fully forfeited if it is not used by the end of the 2022 riding season. For group riding clinics- If minimum of 2 participants is not met, clinic shall be cancelled and a full refund will be given.
24 County Road 524, Tabernash, CO 80478, USA